Saturday, July 13, 2013

Beautiful Bitch

Beautiful Bitch, by Christina Lauren.

It's possible that I called Bennett more in those three days than in the entirety of our relationship, but it wasn't enough, and did nothing to ease the hollow ache that had taken up permanent residence inside my chest.

I kept myself busy, but there was no denying I was homesick. I wasn't sure exactly when it had happened, but at some point, Bennett had become it for me. As in
it it. The One.

And it was fucking terrifying.


Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger
I think by now I am something of a Beautiful Bastard junkie - I reviewed that, the first book in this series, back in February; Beautiful Stranger, the second book, recently, in May; and also did an interview with the women behind the pen name of Christina Lauren, Lauren Billings and Christina Hobbs, in February. So when Beautiful Bitch, a novella that falls to being #1.5 in the series, came out recently, of course I asked for a copy ... and their PR team was nice enough to provide me with one to review.

Official synopsis:
Picking up where Beautiful Bastard left off, Chloe Mills and Bennett Ryan continue their steamy, combative relationship.

Just when Chloe’s career starts to take off, Bennett wishes it would all slow down long enough to spend a wild night alone with his girlfriend. But after he refuses to take no for an answer, Chloe and Bennett find themselves with two plane tickets, one French Villa, and a surprising conversation that, predictably, leaves them wrestling under the covers.
-

I liked this installment a lot, but my chief two complaints are that a) it was too short (but it's a novella, so that's apparent from the get-go) and b) although it had a few "steamy" scenes, it was actually really tame as compared to the other two books in the series. I definitely enjoyed reading more about Bennett and Chloe, though, as they had been minor characters in Stranger, and I think this was the first time we get to "hear" Bennett's point-of-view - Bastard was from Chloe's point of view - and that was very refreshing, and also interesting, to see what Bennett thinks of their relationship.

As I mentioned in my Stranger review, the next three books (2 novellas, 1 full-length) will be out in September, October, and November this year - I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for those, and I encourage you to do the same as well.

3.5 stars out of 5.

*Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for reviewing purposes. The opinions expressed here, however, are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I just read the first two books and have this on my shelf for later this week. Loved the humor and banter in the first two and honestly am not sure which I liked more. Thanks for your thoughts on this one! Looks like a look middle book from the two stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika - I loved both as well :). And yes, this one is a "go-between" for Bastard and Stranger.

      Delete

Share buttons

About

Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
Get new posts by email:

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Blog Archive