A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending a luncheon about Bookstock, the book and media sale event in Livonia, MI. As a book blogger and avid reader, I had actually never heard of Bookstock prior to this, but it's a fun event where you can pick up some books, DVDs, and audio books for great prices.
More about the event:
Bookstock’s back, offering incredible deals on used books and media Sunday, May 15 through Sunday, May 22 at Livonia’s Laurel Park Place. Bargains abound at Bookstock, metro Detroit’s biggest and best used book and media sale, where proceeds benefit literacy and education projects in metropolitan Detroit. Detroit Free Press columnist Rochelle Riley and Detroit News columnist Neal Rubin are Honorary Co-Chairs of Bookstock.
Bookstock’s Pre-Sale will kick-off on Sunday, May 15 at 8:15 a.m. with a performance by Livonia’s Stephenson High School Marching Band. There is a $20 admission charge for the Pre-Sale only, which runs through 11 a.m. and offers savvy shoppers and collectors first crack at Bookstock’s treasure trove of bargains. Bookstock has over 100,000 donated used books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, magazines and records for sale at bargain basement prices. The sale will continue through Sunday, May 22, running Sundays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Monday through Saturday 10 a.m.-9 p.m. the Mike Morse Law Firm is the Bookstock 2016 Presenting Sponsor.
This year, Bookstock will feature five days of special sales:
- Monday Madness – Monday, May 16: The first 1,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways and one lucky shopper will receive a $500 Visa gift card
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Tuesday, May 17: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID, from 3–9 p.m. At 5 p.m. the Bookstock B.E.S.T.* Awards, (Bookstock Extraordinary Student/School/Teacher)will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools who write the best essays entitled “My Favorite Book Character…and Why.” Awards will be presented by a WDIV personality, and cash prizes will be given to five students, their teachers and their schools.
- Bookbuster Special Days – Wednesday, May 18 and Thursday, May 19: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m.
- An ice skate signed by Olympic Gold Medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White
- 4 tickets to a Tigers game
- 4 seats and an on-field and behind-the- scenes experience with the new United Shore Professional Baseball League in Utica.
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, May 22: All remaining books and media will be sold for half price!
For more information about Bookstook, call the Bookstock hotline (248) 645-7840, ext. 365 or visit bookstockmi.org. Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.
If you're more of a visual person, check out the below graphic, too:
*I've got a coupon for my readers to use at Bookstock, as well! Use the below coupon for $1 off your $5+ purchase - and there's no limit to how many coupons you can use, so feel free to print a few!
Have you ever been to Bookstock or a similar event before? Did you find any great bargains or buys?