Thursday, October 23, 2014

Quick Pick: Better off Friends, by Elizabeth Eulberg

  • Opening lines: Guys and girls can be friends.
    Way to get to the point, Levi. 
  • Reason I picked up the book: The premise sounded cute, and I've read other books by the author, too.
  • And what's this book about?
  • For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

    Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?

    From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again — and one kiss away from true love?
  • Favorite paragraph: 
I wanted my old Levi back.
Even if it was only as friends. 
The way he lashed out at me made me realize how delicate our relationship was. But he was too important to me, such a huge part of my life. I'd take him any way I could. Sure, there would always be something unspoken between us. An attraction we wouldn't act on. But would a high school romance really be worth sacrificing our friendship? 
No, we were better off friends. 
  • Recommended for: Anyone who likes a cute, quick read. You'll probably guess what the ending is, but it's fun seeing the characters get there.
  • Something to know: Elizabeth Eulberg mostly writes books about teens.
  • What I would have changed: Although I (correctly) predicted the ending, I felt that the book ended almost immediately after - I would have liked to have had another chapter or two.
  • Overall rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.
  • Where can I buy this book? Click here.

    *Disclosure: I received an e-copy of this book from NetGalley for reviewing purposes. The opinions expressed here, however, are my own.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Share buttons

    About

    Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
    Get new posts by email:

    2024 Reading Challenge

    2024 Reading Challenge
    Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
    hide

    Blog Archive