Sunday, March 18, 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time

Out of Sight, Out of Time, by Ally Carter (Gallagher Girls book #5).

It wasn't like we talked a lot. But then again, it's not like there was all that much left to say. We'd seen things. We'd done things. And I wasn't the only one who was still waiting for me to come home from my summer vacation.

I leaned over the sink and let Bex wash and bleach my hair. Then Macey took the scissors and trimmed away my dead, uneven ends. I sat, letting my best friends work around me, watching as the person I had been last summer washed away down the drain.


When I received an email asking me to review this book, I knew it was book 5 in the series, and I had not read any of the books. I had, however, read Heist Society by Ally Carter, which was very good. I  rented the first four Gallagher Girls books from the library, and immediately got hooked. The newest installment, Out of Sight, Out of Time, is much darker than the previous ones, in that in this installment, our heroine Cammie Morgan wakes up in a convent in Austria and has no memory of her summer at all. The last thing she remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to go search for the Circle of Cavan, an evil group that was trying to kidnap her. She wakes up with no memory of the past four months or so, dyed hair, and dirt under her fingernails.

She calls her mother (who is also the headmistress of the school) and is brought back to the Academy, where her friends have been worried sick about her. Cammie must figure out what exactly she did over the summer, and how she ended up at the convent in Austria.

This book was so good that I read it in about two hours. Seriously. My only regret is that now I will have to wait a while for the next installment; as in all of her Gallagher Girls books, Ally Carter gives us an ending that foreshadows the next book. I will caution you that this is not really a "stand alone" book, at least if you want to understand the nuances of all of the relationships going on - definitely read the first four books before reading this one - but even if you had not read any of the other ones, the spy stuff in it alone is enough to keep a reader interested.

5 stars out of 5.

*Disclosure: I was a given a copy of this book to review. The opinions listed, however, are my own.

And the "trailer" for the novel is pretty awesome as well:

3 comments:

  1. I have the first three of these sitting on my shelf, I guess I will definitely have to read these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you should ... they are very addicting. Kinda reminded me of the Harry Potter books in this installment, in that it turned a little darker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter?? really??!! well now I definitely have to read them soon!!

      Delete

Share buttons

About

Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
Get new posts by email:

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Blog Archive