Friday, March 6, 2015

Quick Pick: Captivated By You (Crossfire #4), by Sylvia Day

  • Opening lines: Icy needles of water bombarded my overheated skin, the sting chasing away the clinging shadows of a nightmare I couldn't fully remember.

    Closing my eyes, I stepped deeper into the spray, willing the lingering fear and nausea to circle the drain at my feet. A shiver racked me, and my thoughts shifted to my wife. My angel who slept peacefully in the apartment next door.
  • Reason I picked up the book: I've read the other three books in the Crossfire series (Bared to You, Reflected in You, Entwined with You) and had enjoyed them.
  • And what's this book about?
  • Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

    The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn't sure I was strong enough to bear.

    At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we'd worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream...
  • Recommended for: Anyone who enjoys erotica or books like Fifty Shades of Grey. This series doesn't really focus on BDSM (Gideon is into it, but his wife, Eva, is not) but they definitely have a dysfunctional relationship.
  • Something to know: This is not the last book in the series, I believe. I'd recommend reading the other three books in the series before reading this one, too. 
  • What I would have changed: It probably didn't help that I picked up and put this book down on a few separate occasions, but I had more issues "getting in" to this novel than I did the other three in the series ... not sure why, though. 
  • Overall rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.
  • Where can I buy this book? Click here.
    {And the others in the series:
    Bared to You (book 1), Reflected in You (book 2), Entwined in You (book 3)}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share buttons

About

Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
Get new posts by email:

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Blog Archive