- Opening lines: He would be here any minute.
I was ready for him.
- Reason I picked up the book: It sounded like a cute rom-com of sorts.
- And what's this book about? William Harrigan wants one thing – to stay in L.A. past college graduation. With a student visa set to expire, the clock is ticking. When he lands a gig that pairs him with the beautiful blond spitfire Jess, he’s scored his best shot at living out the American dream. Winning her trust would be a whole lot easier, however, if he didn’t have ulterior motives... But there’s no faking the intense attraction between them. Try as they might to resist each other, soon sparks are flying, as they devise a plan to sneak into the ceremony. But when Jess' new celebrity client raises the stakes, she starts to smell blackmail, and soon she and Will are chasing down cheating directors, staking out clandestine trysts, and making fake IDs, all while sneaking scene-stealing kisses and hot nights together. The audience loves a happy ending, but in a town where everyone's acting and no one's playing by the rules, can Jess and William find their own ever after in time?
- Favorite paragraph:
He was crossing the street and walking towards me, all six foot and then some sexiness of him. He had the look, all right. The jeans, the loose and sexy tee that hinted at his abs, but didn't reveal too much, the nicely toned arms on display, those eyes like a stormy sky, and that lopsided grin that I wanted to lick and kiss and smack the hell off his too-fine face.
"Fancy meeting you here," he said, and then flashed a smile. I wanted to arrest him for the smile. It was the sort of grin that should be outlawed for being impossible to not adore.
- Recommended for: Anyone who likes a quick, fun read.
- Something to know: This book is actually part of the Caught Up in Love series, but each book follows a different couple, though some of the characters show up in a few of the books. I want to read Far Too Tempting now because it follows Matthew, William's brother, and how he met and fell in love with his wife.
- What I would have changed: Part of the ending is a little too convenient, but it's also very cute. Not sure how I would have changed it, though.
- Overall rating: 4 out of 5 stars.
- Where can I buy this book? Click here.
*Disclosure: I received an e-copy of this book from NetGalley for reviewing purposes. The opinions expressed here, however, are my own.