Friday, April 29, 2011

The Stormchasers

The Stormchasers, by Jenna Blum.

But even more Karena is crying for herself. She cries because of her cowardice, because she told Charles she would come back and never did. She cries because of her selfishness, because she has turned him in not just so he could get help but so she would be free to go. She cries because of these things she has discovered in her own cold heart, and most of all she cries because there are so many things she will never be able to tell anyone, not even her best friend; because her whole life long, there will be so much nobody will ever know.

I really enjoyed this book, the second by author Jenna Blum. I wasn't sure at first if I would or not, because I don't know anything about stormchasing, but Blum creates her scenes and character very vividly, that one can't help but be pulled into the story, which follows Karena as she searches for her twin brother, Charles, whom she hasn't seen in 20 years. She decides the best way to do this is to follow the storms that he does, with a stormchasing company, and eventually she finds him; when she does, the book takes us 20 years into the past, to show how they became estranged in the first place, which I also really liked because we get to see why they lost touch.

Blum's first novel is entitled Those Who Save Us, and I will soon be adding that to my list of books to read.

4 stars out of 5.

*Disclosure: I received a copy of this book to review. The opinions listed, however, are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share buttons

About

Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
Get new posts by email:

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Blog Archive