Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Art of French Kissing

The Art of French Kissing, by Kristin Harmel.

"Emma," Brett said slowly, as if talking to a child or someone whose mental comprehension was in question. "I thought you told me you were coming home."

I looked out at the darkened silhouette of the Eiffel Tower and felt a sense of calm settle over me. "I know," I said. "I think I
am home."

Emma Sullivan is about to marry her boyfriend of three years, Brett - until he dumps her and then kicks her out of the home they share. She then gets fired from her PR job the next day, and it turns out that there aren't many other PR opportunities in Orlando, where she lives. She then gets lucky and receives a job offer from an old friend, Poppy, who is working in Paris to promote a new rock star's first album. While there, she finds happiness, and also love, and learns that maybe what she had before wasn't what she was looking for after all.

Kristin Harmel's books are always very cute and very readable - I devoured this book in less than a day. As she did in When in Rome, she plunks a character down in a foreign city where the character has only been once, and that person learns not only how to thrive there, but has fun in the process. The characters are hilarious and relatable, and there are always twists thrown in near the end as well.

4 stars out of 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share buttons

About

Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
Get new posts by email:

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Blog Archive