Tuesday, January 26, 2010

She's So Money

She's So Money, by Cherry Cheva.

Camden studied me. "That involves us giving each other our locker combinations," he pointed out.
"Yeah, I know," I said.
"Are we ready for that much intimacy?" he asked innocently.
I rolled my eyes as I disentangled myself from the seat belt and got out of his car. "We're hormone-addled teenagers. Aren't we supposed to do it even if we're not ready?"
The grin on his face told me he agreed.


Cherry Cheva is from Ann Arbor and was recently a speaker at the Ann Arbor District Library, which is how I heard about her book. She currently writes for Family Guy in L.A., and her book was absolutely HILARIOUS - great wit and a lot of the lines made me laugh out loud.

Maya works in her family's Thai restaurant and when her parents go on a 2-day vacation to DC, she and her little brother are put in charge of the restaurant. They manage to incur a $10,000 health violation, and she decides to not tell her parents about it and pay the bill herself ... by organizing a "cheating ring" in which she does her peers' homework for $100+ per assignment or paper. She gets Camden King, aka "King of the School," involved, and things are going swimmingly ... until they start falling for each other.

This book had lots of twists and turns in it, in addition to being hilariously written, and I enjoyed it until the very last page.

4.5 stars out of 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share buttons

About

Welcome to Books I Think You Should Read, which focuses on book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, and more.
Get new posts by email:

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liz has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Blog Archive